Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital would like to invite you to be a part of our Graduate Medical Education Program. We offer a four week orthopedic audition rotation for 4th year medical students. Students will be working directly with our world renowned physicians who specialize in the following practice areas: spine, hand, adult recon, foot & ankle, sports medicine and trauma.
The requirements to apply for an audition rotation with our facilities are as follows:
- 4th Year Medical Student in good standing
- Comlex level 1 score of 575 or above and/or USMLE step 1 score of 230 or above
- Affiliation Agreements with your medical school
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
Audition rotations are held between June and November each year. To be considered for an audition rotation please submit your test score results and your preferred rotation dates to Renee Thomason at firstname.lastname@example.org after January 15, 2017.
Once your rotation dates are confirmed you will need to submit the following paperwork within 14 days.
- JHMH Education Packet
- JHMH/THC/HSC Orientation Packets
- Student Contact Information Form
- Immunization Records
– Hep B (Proof or Denial)
– PPD (1 step within 12 months of rotation start date)
– Flu Shot (October-March)
- Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Copy of your current BLS & ACLS card
- Current CV/Resume
It is the policy of the GME Education Department that we have an affiliation agreement with your school, Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital, The Hughston Surgery Center, and The Hughston Clinic 90 days prior to your scheduled rotation.
Questions regarding the program are directed to Renee Thomason, Graduate Medical Education Coordinator for Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital.