Please visit the link for more information and to help us achieve our goal of protecting the athletes!
How You Can Help
To continue our campaign of protecting high school athletes we need financial support. As the official sports medicine provider for the Muscogee County School District and other county sports programs in the Chattahoochee Valley, we station trained professionals on the sidelines who respond immediately when an injury occurs. Our sideline coverage means that help is always only a few feet away. Our program also focuses on injury prevention through preparticipation screenings, wrestling assessments, concussion testing software, and educating the athletes and their coaches. Help us continue to provide immediate, quality care and support when a student athlete is injured.
Hughston Gives Back
• Manages the athletic healthcare of over 80% of participating athletes.
• Administers low cost pre-participation physical screenings for local athletes.
• Offers Saturday Morning High School Injury Clinic.
• Provides cost-savings to player/guardian by reducing medical co-pays.
- Hughston’s Concussion Management Program provides baseline concussion testing for all athletes at no cost to the school or athlete.
- Covers special events in the area such as GHSA Wrestling Assessments, GHSA State Championships, GACA North-South Football Game.
• A trained medical professional is at every practice and game for all of the following teams:
Muscogee County School District, and we also serve Calvary Christian School, Greenville High School, Harris County High School, Manchester High School, Chattahoochee Valley Community College, Auburn University Recreation club sports, and the Columbus Lions
Sideline Medical Coverage
At The Hughston Foundation we have established safety protocols and procedures to reduce the chance of injury during practices and sporting competitions. If an injury does occur, our athletic trainers and sports medicine physicians are there to provide immediate care. Our community has approximately 5,000 high school and middle school athletes. During the 2016-2017 school year, our athletic training program treated approximately 2,500 injuries. These documented injuries included not only bloody noses and pulled muscles, but also more severe injuries, such as concussions, fractures, asthma attacks, and wounds requiring stitches. Some athletes required follow-up with a physician and rehabilitation to recover fully. Most often, treatment was rendered on the sidelines during practice and sporting events at no cost to the athlete or his or her parents or guardian. Our athletic trainers are on hand to educate athletes and their families or guardians about caring for the injury or illness and to assist in rehabilitation.
Thank You for Your Support
We greatly appreciate any financial assistance you can offer. Help us continue to provide immediate, quality care and support when a student athlete is injured.
The Hughston Foundation is a 501(c)(3) – 100% of your contribution is tax deductible as allowed by law.